Best practice to unblock NUPKG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Best practice to unblock NUPKG

L0 Member

Looking for suggestions to unblock NUPKG files, as it is not a populated file (I already tried whitelisting the url it originates from):

File Transfer Blocked

The file you are trying to download or upload has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is an error.

File name: Teams.nuspec

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

What file filters are you applying to Security Policies? The built in filters or your own custom filters? And what file types is it blocking?

Policies -> Security -> [security rule] -> Actions -> Profile Setting -> File Blocking=[filter]

Objects -> Security Profile -> File Blocking -> [filter]

I don't see any file type for .nupkg either, though apparently it is a Visual Studio distribution package that is zip file with custom formatting. I would guess it is therefore detected as a zip or Multi-Level-Encoding file. What does the PA log say it blocked the file as?

Monitor -> Logs -> Data Filtering

Could you add a custom file filter with a "continue" action for that particular type?

It ended up being a 7z that was being blocked according to the logs. So we unblocked 7z for that group.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!