cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Device Gropus: How to see previously devices

L2 Linker

Hi,
We got an RMA, but for the new fw there has not been selected any devices. It was a lot back and forth when trying to set up and add the new fw to Panorama, so in the process the old fw has been deleted from Panorama.

Does anyone know if there is possible to see or find out which devices that have previously been selected in the different device groups without any hugh operations?

//Richard M
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi @Richard_M ,

If you know when this was done, I would use the Config Audit menu in Panorama -> Config Audit

In there you'll be able to see exactly what has been changed and you should be able to see the device serial number that was removed from the device group and rules (if the targets were not "any").

Don't forget to Like if you find this post helpful

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Richard_M 

apart of looking into config audit suggested by Alin, you should be able to see it in configuration logs under: Monitor > Logs > Configuration, then use this filter:

( full-path contains '/config/devices/entry[@name=\'localhost.localdomain\']/device-group/entry[@name=' )

Also add a column "Device Group":

PavelK_0-1687527669867.png

Below as a sample:

PavelK_1-1687528301102.png

If you have configuration log history old enough you should be able to see Device Group and Firewall assignment. You can identify Firewall based on Serial Number.

Also, you mentioned you did RMA replacement. You can replace Firewall with the procedure in this KB. In this way Panorama will replace old S/N with new one in all its configuration, so you do not have to do it manually.

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Hi @Richard_M ,

If you know when this was done, I would use the Config Audit menu in Panorama -> Config Audit

In there you'll be able to see exactly what has been changed and you should be able to see the device serial number that was removed from the device group and rules (if the targets were not "any").

Don't forget to Like if you find this post helpful

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Richard_M 

apart of looking into config audit suggested by Alin, you should be able to see it in configuration logs under: Monitor > Logs > Configuration, then use this filter:

( full-path contains '/config/devices/entry[@name=\'localhost.localdomain\']/device-group/entry[@name=' )

Also add a column "Device Group":

PavelK_0-1687527669867.png

Below as a sample:

PavelK_1-1687528301102.png

If you have configuration log history old enough you should be able to see Device Group and Firewall assignment. You can identify Firewall based on Serial Number.

Also, you mentioned you did RMA replacement. You can replace Firewall with the procedure in this KB. In this way Panorama will replace old S/N with new one in all its configuration, so you do not have to do it manually.

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi @Alin.Scarlat 
Thanks for advice. Found what I was looking for. This was a pretty way to see and find much more also 🙂 

//Richard M

Hi @PavelK 
Thank you for this information. I see your way also provided much more information than about many other things that probably will come in handy later. And for the guide to replace the firewall. I will look into that. It was a lot fewer steps than the guide I looked at.

//Richard M
  • 2 accepted solutions
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!