Device Telemetry can't be removed/disabled from Panorama and/or local

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device Telemetry can't be removed/disabled from Panorama and/or local

L1 Bithead

We currently have difficulties to remove the Device Telemetry options in any way. it seems as this Options doesn't work as expected. This issue persisted across several Versions of PanOS / Panorama 

Panorama 10.2.2-h2

- When trying to remove the device telemetry options from the template stack the settings are still checked and a commit & push doesn't change any settings on the firewall itself PA-3250.

mattlede_0-1662714252725.png

- PA-220 in a active/passive Cluster with PanOS 10.2.2 can't disable the settings either.

Are there any other Options/Ideas on how to remove the welcome banners like

mattlede_1-1662714278257.png

Kind Regards

15 REPLIES 15

L1 Bithead

I have opened a case with PaloAlto and I want to see what their fix is.

I am running 10.2.1 and 10.2.2 on my firewalls.

L2 Linker

I have the exact same issue, i have also tried to disable telemetry via the CLI however it is still enabled. 

Well I have a case open and if they have a fix, I will publish it. 

Got to say lately the PanOS has not been as solid as was in the past. Perhaps was just my experience but 10.1 was ok for my firewalls and Panorama but when I went to 10.2.2 I had issues with Panorama and firewalls. 

@fgraziosip4  i agree, i would even say its generally been worse since 9.1 !

If you do get a fix please let us know.

L1 Bithead

I do not have a fix but I reported the issue on a case and showed the engineer  (zoom call) what happens if you disable via UI.

He has all the details and should be reported as bug.

9.1 is the old UI, definitely 10 is prettier, but it has his costs. I guess this is one of them. 

I am waiting for a patch for panorama to fix the config export bug.

L0 Member

Running 10.2.2-h2 and see this exact same issue.  Every time you context switch or log directly into the firewall you get prompted to turn on telemetry. 

Speaking of context switching I have noticed when I switch from Panorama to a firewall, I no longer have the option to switch to another firewall and can only switch back to Panorama.  Removal of the other Panorama controlled firewalls causes unnecessary step of an additional context switch.  Anyone else seen this issue?  

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys, 

I do not have news on the case about telemetry as still with Pan techsupport.

I do not use the switching from Panorama, I just go directly to the firewall. i suppose different way of working. Also, I am impatience and would rather go directly as it seems quicker. 

Fra

L0 Member

Hi, I have the same issue... Do you have any news from support?

L2 Linker

seems this is resolved in PanOS 11.0:

PAN-202535
Fixed an issue where the Device Telemetry configuration for a region was unable to be set or edited via the web interface.

L1 Bithead

Pls just gimme a sanity check here. PAN-202535 is not listed anywhere else than in 11.0 release notes, right? I'm not seeing it as known issue under 10.2.0. Is the issue tracking system really _so_ bad? I mean despite it not even resembling an actual issue tracking system, they would not even care to keep known-issues lists somewhat accurate?

L1 Bithead

any update on this? 

Hi,

I can see this in the 'addressed issues' section for PANos 11.0.

I agree Palo Alto are poor at tracking bugs. Known issues are not published most of the time!

Its fixed in PANos 11.0 i assume other versions will not get the fix!

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys,

I spoke to support and this has been addressed on v11.0 and 10.2.4. 10.2.4 would be released in March (hopefully) while v11 is out. I have not upgraded to v11 and I will wait a while prior to moving into it. It seems that since v10 (UI upgrade) things are not as sturdy as before. 

• 15 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!