PA-3430 Oracle Session Drop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-3430 Oracle Session Drop

L0 Member

We have multiple application servers that need to go through the firewall to access different oracle database servers, but after the recent replacement of the PA-3430, one of the application servers accessing the Oracle database session is unstable, and the other application server accesses other Oracle database servers through the firewall. Successful. In case 1, the session could not be established in the early morning. By checking the firewall logs, we found that the TCP 1521 session was dropped by the firewall. After we tried to switch the traffic of the faulty primary firewall to the backup firewall, the OracleTCP session was re-established successfully. In case 2, the session was dropped again at noon Firewall Drop, after trying to restart the application service, the TCP-1521 session was successfully re-established. The period of the case is not fixed, and the interval between case 1 and case 2 is one week.
We have configured the session timeout value of the Oracle application on the firewall to be greater than 2 days. But there are still problems.
Have you encountered such a case? Is there a solution?
The pan-os I use is 10.2.4-h2.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello Nico Wong,

If you consider the traffic to be safe, you can app-override for the traffic between the Oracle Servers.

Olivier

PCSNE - CISSP

Best Effort contributor

Check out our PANCast Channel

Disclaimer : All messages are my personal ones and do not represent my company's view in any way.

Hi, thanks for your answer, but I don't quite understand, my strategy is based on the Oracle application.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!