Path Monitoring - latency

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Path Monitoring - latency

L1 Bithead

I'm not using PAN SD-WAN.

I have static route path monitoring configured for multiple ISPs.  If pings fail, the path goes down as expected.

If the pings succeed, but latency is abnormally high, the path stays up.

How can I set a latency threshold?  Ideally, I'd have a threshold for each monitored path such as 10ms for the next hop and 200ms for a host that's outside if the ISP's network.

This would help automatically fail a route that isn't really working correctly.

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hi Jonathanb,

To my knowledge you cannot configure latency threshold on a) static route monitoring, b) BFD monitoring, c) PBF rule with Monitor profile.

All of the 3 above options monitor failures and not quality of the link/path.

In your scenario there are other options that might suit your needs. consider these two options below. 

1) QoS and assign different application different priorities.

2) ECMP load balance the traffic between multiple ISP and if required assign weights to each specific ISP link.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!