Running 11.1.2 in production

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Running 11.1.2 in production

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone

I read that 11.1.2 is now the preferred release for 34xx, and desiring to upgrade due to some of the new features, I find myself concerned about this known issue:

PAN-224763 - A TDB engine version mismatch issue affecting all firewalls, which in turn produces heartbeat failures, can cause the firewall to crash when installing content updates.

It reads like "when you upgrade TBD engine, expect a heartbeat failure and crash.

Is that the case? Or is it something that you can account for and work around?

Anyone running 11.1.2 (or -h1) in prod that who can give some feedback?

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

I was also ready to update but read the known issues and got hung up on this same one.  Sounds like a show stopper to me.

L1 Bithead

I as well am considering upgrading to 11.1 but am very concerned about this issue. I too would love to hear from anyone running the latest 11.1.2-h3 that has the CVE-2024-3400 fix as to their experience, or from an engineer as to what this actually means and what the likelihood of impact is. Being as the preferred release is seemingly affected by this I would think the likelihood is very small but I have been wrong before.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!