cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The required '11.1.0' base image must be loaded before this image can be loaded

L0 Member

Hi Team,

My Panorama device is currently on Software Version 11.0.5, and I am looking to upgrade to 11.1.4-h1.

In Panorama, I navigate to Panorama > Software, and run 'Check Now' to refresh available updates. I can see that 11.0.0 (base) and 11.0.4-h2 (preferred) images are already downloaded (as well as 11.0.5 which is not a base or preferred update), and 11.1.0 (base) and 11.1.4-h1 (preferred) are available.

I select "download" for 11.1.0 (base) and the update is successfully downloaded and loaded into Software Manager, and I am able to select "Install" if required. At this point I am not installing 11.1.0, just loading it.

Next, I select "download" for 11.1.4-h1 (preferred). The update is successfully downloaded; however, when loading the update into Software Manager I get the following error:

• Successfully downloaded
  • Preloading into software manager
  • The required '11.1.0' base image must be loaded before this image can be loaded. You do not have to install or run the base image, only download it. Once the base is loaded, re-download your target image.
  • Failed to load into software manager. Please retry.
  • Post processing failed. Please retry.

Once I click "Close" on this error and reload the Panorama > Software page, the 11.1.0 (base) image no longer shows as "downloaded".

Screenshot of the error attached.

Please advise, as we would prefer to upgrade from 11.0.4-h2 directly to 11.1.4-h1 in one operation.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

PAN device is stupid from old days, it sometimes purges necessary files (base image).

Even this KB is explaining about PA-200, this works on any of my LAB units if I see the issue.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CloMCAS

Try one of followings.

Delete unnecessary images to keep enough disk space.

From recent OS, display filter is working, please disable both checkboxes, then delete unnecessary images on the list.

2024-09-04 10 06 01.png

install base image first, then install patch image.

On your scenario,

-download 11.1.0

-install 11.1.0 (no reboot is required)

-download 11.1.4-h4

-install 11.1.4-h4 (reboot)

If it didn't work, you might need to reboot after installation of 11.1.0.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!