Video Traffic between cameras and server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Video Traffic between cameras and server

L0 Member

Dears

I have a huge campus of university with multiple building ( 20 to 30 small and big)  we have cameras every where in the campus and also user traffic is on the same access switch , i m introducing a campus firewall so that the user traffic between the vlan will pass by firewall currently the CCTV server is not behiind the firewall and it is connected on the switch i would like to have a recommendation from experts for the below.

• as recommendation CCTV server should be kept in a DC behind the palo alto firewall how i shld size the palo alto firewall considering CCTV traffic what question i need to ask for the cctv traffic , it is bit twist here becz we are not sizing the firewall on number of users, server,  but there are cameras which will send a video traffic.
    • one thing coming to my mind to size the firewall we can get the utlization of the switch trunk ports that is accumulating traffic in MBPS or GBPS for a user and camera's so i can consider 50% or 65% of camera traffic and rest user traffic.
  • The CCTV traffic will also pass campus firewall ( palo alto) so i need to size campus as well DC firewall.
  • As a best practice please advise The user traffic and cctv traffic should be isolated completely from the end user production traffic

Your hints will help me to take this task ahead.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!