cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups and configurations locally

L1 Bithead

Best regard

Equipment

I have 2 specific doubts that I would like the community to clarify for me.

1. I have a device managed by Panorama, due to an incident that occurred, local configurations were made on the device, and several interfaces and policies were configured. As all the administration is being carried out in the panorama and when the management is recovered again from the panorama, the existing template is totally different from the config that is in Palo Alto, the following questions arise: How to make the configuration that was done locally synchronize with the panorama? What is the best way to carry out this process? Is it necessary to remove the panorama device and add it again? If the device is removed from Panorama, it will bring me to the existing configuration in the template. When carrying out this process, is the configuration that I made locally not deleted?

2. The second scenario I have is the following: I have 5 teams managed by Panorama. All 5 teams have a totally different DG and Template. I made a correct configuration on 1 computer and on the other computer I made a wrong configuration (due to human error or it was not required). I applied all the changes in a single commit and push. Realizing that I made a mistake, I would like to restore the previous configuration on the computer on which the configuration was unsuccessful, but not on the computer on which the configuration was successful. The question is: How should this backup restoration process be carried out solely and exclusively on the computer on which the configuration was incorrect? Should it be done locally on the computer? (Taking into account that if I export the config from the computer I only get a few xml lines) (I assume there were many configurations and I don't remember all of them, therefore I want to load a backup). I have tried to carry out this process by loading version in panorama, but doing so would also eliminate the device whose configuration was correct and in summary>manage>backups for a strange reason an extremely old version appears, which would not help me either.

I look forward to your questions, suggestions and/or answers.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 29 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!