Because of CVE-2021-44228, need to upgrade Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Because of CVE-2021-44228, need to upgrade Panorama

L0 Member

Managed Palo Alto firewalls are running 9.1.11 and are unaffected by CVE-2021-44228 but Panorama running 9.1.11 is. If I upgrade Panorama to 10.1.2, will I have any problem with it seeing and managing the managed Palo's still running 9.1.11?

4 REPLIES 4

I have the same problem but I hope Palo Alto release an hotfix for 9.1 asap.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @AaronDeRooy 

When it comes to Panorama as long as Panorama is running PAN-OS version higher than managed Firewall you will not have an issue to manage Firewalls and collect logs, so in your case you will not have issue to manage Firewalls running 9.1 after upgrading Panorama to 10.1.

For now, I am only worried about customers running M-100 that can run highest version 9.1. For those like @ChristianBolelli  mentioned Palo Alto will hopefully release Hotfix in 9.1 release.

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

One thing to take into consideration before upgrading Panorama to 10.1.x and managing 9.1.x firewalls is "Panorama should be running the same or a later version of a feature release than the firewall (more than two feature versions is supported but not recommended)" I would take a close look at changes and additions to features in 10.0 and 10.1, because you may run in to odd issues when pushing out new configs.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClRrCAK 

How much work could a network work if a network could net work?

@Mark-Hietpas wrote:

"Panorama should be running the same or a later version of a feature release than the firewall (more than two feature versions is supported but not recommended)"

I can't find that recommendation, the page you linked to has been removed.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!