cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

How to use ip public by from organization

L0 Member

Hi every one,

I'm very nice to tall to you. I dont know how to use block IP that I bought from the Organization. When I bough block of IP, I got an AS number. I hire transit ip service from ISP. I config BGP to neighbor with ISP, after that, I dont know how to do next to use ip for NAT or use for my VM.

Could someone can help me. Thanks a lot

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @hoangtung225

If you have already advertised your address block by BGP to ISP and receive a default route/full BGP feed from ISP, then next thing would be NAT configuration. If you are planning to do NAT on the same Firewall, then there are many resources and KBs from Palo Alto for NAT configuration. Here is one KB to get started: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CllzCAC

Depending on the size of your organization, for source NAT, if number of clients behind NAT is high, then I would recommend to create an address pool with several IPs from your IP block and use it for address translation with translation type: Dynamic IP and Port. If number of clients behind NAT is small you can use a single IP address combined with with translation type: Dynamic IP and Port. Since you have your own IP block, you can avoid doing NAT to interface that is using ISP assigned IP addresses.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!