Panorama Upgrade from 9.1.12-h3 to 9.1.13-h3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Upgrade from 9.1.12-h3 to 9.1.13-h3

L1 Bithead

I am trying to upgrade my Panorama from version 9.1.12-h3 to 9.1.13-h3.

I download 9.1.13-h3

I install 9.1.13-h3

After reboot and I wait for logon service to be ready...

I can get to the main HTTPS page and see my company branded logo and by custom message on the login page like normal.

When I try to login with either my local admin account or my AD accounted handled via LDAP authentication, the webpage will just sit there spinning for what feels like an eternity (maybe 5 min) before it times out and give me a "Error 500: Internal Server Error".

So, I can get the webpage to come up, but I am not able to login here...

I am able to use the same credentials and connect via SSH.

For now, I connect to SSH and run command "debug swm revert" to change back to my previous PAN-OS version and then restart.  At this point, I am back to ver 9.1.12-h3 and it works fine.

I did go ahead and upgrade from 9.1.12-h3 to 9.1.12-h4 and all is good there.  So, it only happens when I am going to 9.1.13.-h3.

Anyone seen this or anything like it?  I have a support ticket open and they are escalating to their engineers.

One I idea I had was to downgrade back to 9.1.12 (no H), then upgrade to 9.1.13 (no H), then up to 9.1.13-h3.

Do you all think that is worth a try?  I don't think I could hurt it any...

si vis pacem para bellum
4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @JohnSmock sorry to hear you are facing an issue.

I have upgraded my 6x M-200 (2x Panorama and 4x Log Collectors) units to 9.1.13-h3. None of them faced any issue. I do not believe that there is any know issue in 9.1.13-h3. I also do not think, it is worth to downgrade and then make upgrade to 9.1.13, then to  9.1.13-h3. Personally if I face this issue before downgrading/reverting image, I would just reboot Panorama to see this issue is fixed by reboot or not. Based on this I would make a decision whether it is worth to dig further or downgrade.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thanks for the reply.  I did reboot it a few times hoping that would help.  It just fails to log me in each time via the web interface.

When you upgraded to 9.1.13-h3, what version did you have before?

Also, did you have a similar upgrade path with your firewalls?

si vis pacem para bellum

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @JohnSmock

I have upgraded from 9.1.13 to 9.1.13-h3. For Firewalls, I proceed with the upgrade to the same version after Panorama upgrade is completed. Sine we have 150+ Firewalls, typically the moment all upgrades are completed, the new version is out.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

We are experiencing the same issue.  We upgraded form 9.1.10 to 9.1.13-h3  every so often we get the same issue.  Opened a TAC case with Palo but have not heard yet.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!