Quiesce snapshots on Panorama VM´s log disks

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Quiesce snapshots on Panorama VM´s log disks

L3 Networker

Dear Community,

Well known is the issue when backing up Panorama VMs using quiesce snapshots.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u0000008UncCAE&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...

A question is:

- Can still be used quiesce snapshots to backup the log disks or the incompatibility affects to both system and log disks? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi there.

I have not tried to backup using the snapshots, so maybe someone will add to the comments.

However, i would be concerned about time synch differences if the backup gets too far out of date.

I would think there would be a better way to replicate or use a RAID configuration, so that if one drive failed, you would not lose your logs.

Good Luck.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Carracido,

I haven't had a customer want to use it for a while, but the last time we implemented it we noticed missing logs sporadically that lined up with snapshot of the drives. Admittedly that's been probably close to two years at this point, so it could have been fixed. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!