Redeploy new Panorama while existing Pan is in production

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Redeploy new Panorama while existing Pan is in production

L0 Member

I have a Panorama that is several years old and currently running 8.1.19. I tried upgrading to 9.0 and found out that it was in legacy mode and the upgrade failed.  My current VM has two drives but the second drive is only 500 GB, not the required 2 TB.  We expanded the drive and did a reboot and the PAN would continually boot up into maintenance mode.  I was able to recover the PAN from a VM backup.

To get around the legacy mode, I have to build a new PAN alongside my production PAN with the proper specs. .  I already download the 8.1.0 ova.  I need to get the new VM upgraded to 8.1.19 and restore the backup from my current production.  However, to do this, I will have to license my new Prod box using the same serial number/license.   Can I run two boxes with the same serial number/license? 

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@TimBulliard,

Personally, I would simply reach out to your account team and get a trial license provisioned so that you can actually license the new box properly. Then, once you get everything transferred properly, you simply do a license transfer to migrate your production licensing. 

I spoke to my account team about the procedure and they didn't offer a trial license.  I will ask them about it. Thanks...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!