Upgrade Panorama Software NFGW

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Panorama Software NFGW

L2 Linker

Hi All,

Do you know where to find the knowledgebased to upgrade Panorama Software NGFW AWS mode (from 9.1 to 10.2).
It seems like I cannot find the KB. Is it just the same procedure like upgrading the Panorama (Hardware)?
From what I understand, I need to upgrade the AWS plugin version (at least 4.0), check the VM system requirement (at least have 9.0 GB) and then I can do the normal upgrade by check now. Can someone help me on this?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello Momoj,

I am not sure about the AWS specific part, but there will be an issue on the upgrade 10.1 > 10.2.

The plugin 3.x supports 10.1 as max version, and the plugin 4.0 supports from 10.2, there is no overlap.

(and same for the VM Series plugin, no overlap)

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/compatibility-matrix/panorama/plugins

So... if you accept that for the upgrade maintenance window, the functionality of the plugin is off.

You upgrade normally the Panorama as per best practice, once you are on 10.2, you install the plugins.

Olivier

PCSNE - CISSP

Best Effort contributor

Check out our PANCast Channel

Disclaimer : All messages are my personal ones and do not represent my company's view in any way.

Hi Ozheng,

Oh I noticed it too. Once the version is at 10.2, I can download the AWS plugin.

Alright, thank you

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!