Access through Prisma and 802.1X

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Access through Prisma and 802.1X

L0 Member

I had a concept and wanted some guidance to help me think through it.

What function does port security still play in an organisation that has adopted Prisma access with complete tunnelling, which is set up to perform device check, user verification, and AD domain membership check? I.e 802.1X?

Even so, does it matter?

youtube thumbnail download 

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Katakuri2025

thanks for the post.

From my point of view in modern network the concept of port security is obsolete regardless you have Prisma Access deployed or not. Port security has many limitations from management as well as scalability point of view. Regular 802.1X or MAB authentication would be better alternative unless there is some limitation from end point preventing you to use it, then port security would be last resort.

If you have already deployed Prisma Access with features you described, then with adoption of this concept even 802.1X could go away unless you are in strictly regulated business.

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!