Can the PAN-OS API be used with Prisma Access?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can the PAN-OS API be used with Prisma Access?

L0 Member

Currently, a system using the PAN-OS firewall is in operation. In this environment, we are operating using PAN-OS API Scripts.

If I migrate this environment to Prisma Access, can I use the API Scripts that I used in operation?

Is there a way to check if API Scripts can be used without using Prisma Access?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for posting question @TFukumoto5

There are 2 ways to manage Prisma Access. One option is to use the plugin for Panorama. In this case you can leverage Panorama API to manage Prisma Access: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-access/prisma-access-panorama-admin/prisma-access-ov...

Second option is to use Prisma Cloud Management. Based on my information the Prisma Cloud Manager will be getting full API support before end of this year or in January 2022. As of now, it is possible only to retries IP addresses by API and nothing else: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-access/prisma-access-panorama-admin/prisma-access-ov...

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!