Prisma’s DNS Proxy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Prisma’s DNS Proxy

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with DNS Proxy in Prisma.

it’s the same IP address as monitoring target (for on-prem to prisms IP-Sec tunnels).

Which tunnel is correct for DNS-Proxy traffic - Remote Network or Service Connection (or both)?

It does not also work from site, where I have only RN configured. I can ping the DNS-Proxy IP, but not dns resolution.

I’ve configured DNS-Proxy section in Remote Networks configuration:

- no rule, custom DNS

- one rule, custom DNS

- one rule, cloud default DNS

I did not configure any security policy from Prisma DNS-Proxy to internet - do I need it?

I have security policy from (prisma trust, my test PC) to (prisma trust DNS Proxy address) on the RN device group. I can see hits on this policy, but bytes received=0.

I’ve configured decryption exclusion from Prisma Infra subnet (trust) to internet (untrust), but it did not help.

How can I verify if my DNS-Proxy in Prisma is enabled?

Kind Regards,

Kacper

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!