Error deploying Defender in Kubernetes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error deploying Defender in Kubernetes

L1 Bithead

We are attempting to deploy defenders in Kubernetes. We are cloud hosted prisma console. And checked through the kubernetes requirements and those seem to meet.

Uploaded the twistcli and ran the script that we generated in the console. We got the following error:

failed to generate defender daemonset: Status: 401 Unauthorized
POST https://us-west1.coud.twistlock.com/redacted/api/v30.00/defenders/daemonset.yaml  failed.
Error: invalid token

Any idea where I should look for troubleshooting.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

We found the issue was that the deploy script was being used too long after generation and thus invalidating the generated tokens. Pulled a fresh script from the console and the install happened fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hello!

Thank you for reaching to Palo Alto Networks Support. My name is Umer, and I am part of Prisma Cloud Compute Support team. I will be assisting you with your question.

If you are using SaaS version of the console, then you will need to generate an Access Key by going under Setting > Access Control .

Here is Prisma Cloud Compute's documentation to generate a yaml file from API:

https://pan.dev/compute/api/post-defenders-daemonset-yaml/

Hope it helps! Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Regards,

Umer Sheikh | Technical Support Engineer - Prisma Cloud Compute | PCCSE, AWS - Associate Architect

L1 Bithead

We found the issue was that the deploy script was being used too long after generation and thus invalidating the generated tokens. Pulled a fresh script from the console and the install happened fine.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!