Error while adding GCP account (permission denied)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error while adding GCP account (permission denied)

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I am trying out RedLock using the trial and I am having issues trying to configure my GCP project. I followed the instructions carefully at https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/redlock/redlock-admin/connect-your-cloud-platform-to-redlock/onboa...

I got permissions error. I even tried temporarily to add Project Owner and I still get the following error.
Any idea?
image.png
6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Could you post a screenshot of your Service Account's list of permissions?  Did you make sure to create a Custom Role that allows storage bucket access?

See below. As you can see, I added a lot more roles in an attempt to make it work...

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.19.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.21.08 AM.png

Not too sure what else it could be.  Ran a few tests to try different scenarios (key deleted from Service Account), but I could only get that message to reproduce if the Service Account did not have the necessary permissions on the project you are trying to onboard.  The only thing I can think of is that the permissions are added to a different project than the Service Account.  Is that the case here?

I am not sure what you mean by that "the permissions are added to a different project than the Service Account". The permissions are added to a Service Account that is part of a project. I import the Service Account Key (JSON) which contains the project information. Nowhere in RedLock I specify a project or do I assign permissions in the project outside of the service account.

Just as a check, if you remove the extra permissions you added, does it throw the 'Permission denied" error again? Keeping only the 3 required permissions:

1. ProjectViewer 
  2. CustomRedLock Viewer 
  3. Compute EngineCompute Security Admin

That's the first thing I tried since I followed the instructions. I tried again and I get the same error. See my service account roles below:Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.33.36 PM.png

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!