How to import config.xml generated by ChatGPT into my PAN OS 10.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import config.xml generated by ChatGPT into my PAN OS 10.1?

L0 Member

Hi, 

Novice engineer here. Excuse any misunderstandings.

I;m running PAN OS 10.1.0 on VMware. I've been tasked with putting together a toplogy.

I figured I can simply use chatgpt to generate the config.xml file and import it.

Howver, i seem to run into problems, because the actual exports (exports from fw) contain hashes that is expected to be consistent with the settings.

is there a workaround for this?

My clear aim is to import chatgpt generated configurations into palo alto fw. 

Thanks >>

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @dhanushkkar ,

I have never tried generating an xml config for the Palo from chat gpt, but maybe you can export a fresh xml config from the palo and paste that into chatgpt. Once its in GPT, ask it to replace the values you want to add in while keeping the contents with the hashes unchanged. 

As always, be mindful of what you input into chatgpt. Id just use it as a template and not have actual values from your environment. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 23 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!