Add Virtual disk to Panorama on Azure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Add Virtual disk to Panorama on Azure

L2 Linker

Hi everyone, 

I'm testing the option to migrate our current Panorama VM appliance to azure, I already spin up a new vm and it works just fine, I encountered an issue adding a new virtual drive to the vm, followed all the steps and running the "show system disk details" i get this message 

Name : sdc
State : Present
Size : 2095104 MB
Reason : Admin disabled

I tried to run "request system disk add sdc" but it loks like the CLI command does not exist on version 8.1, is there a different way to achieve this? 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Is your Panorama in Management Only mode? The CLI command is not available in the Management Only mode because you cannot do logging in that mode.

I believe that by default, Panorama on Azure is in Management Only mode. You will need to change to Panorama mode to enable the logging disk.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Is your Panorama in Management Only mode? The CLI command is not available in the Management Only mode because you cannot do logging in that mode.

I believe that by default, Panorama on Azure is in Management Only mode. You will need to change to Panorama mode to enable the logging disk.

Yes, I think is set to  Management Mode, I'll double check ans see if that the case, Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!