AZURE | Not able to Create Palo Alto NVA with Availability Zone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

AZURE | Not able to Create Palo Alto NVA with Availability Zone

L0 Member

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy palo alto BYOL via ARM in Azure.

I start from the marketplace template but want to adapt so it will deploy 2 VM's (1 in each AZ)

In the template parameters I see the possibility to give a value for the parameter "zone".

What is the correct notation to accomplish this setup?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Some extra info, if I put for example value: 2 for the zone parameter I get this error:

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/DeployOperations for usage details.","details":[{"code":"BadRequest","message":"{\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"details\": [],\r\n \"code\": \"ComputeResourceZoneConstraintDoesNotMatchPublicIPAddressZoneConstraint\",\r\n \"message\": \"Compute resource /subscriptions/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/resourceGroups/platform-fw-rg/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/paloalto has a zone constraint 2 but the PublicIPAddress /subscriptions/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/resourceGroups/platform-fw-rg/providers/Microsoft.Network/publicIPAddresses/glpgfwmgt used by the compute resource via NetworkInterface or LoadBalancer has a different zone constraint Regional.\"\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

Hi @rpili1313 

did you checked that in your regions are Availbilty Zones available? Check here please

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/geographies/

"With unity we can do great things"
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!