Azure VM Series and mgmt-interface-swap

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Azure VM Series and mgmt-interface-swap

L1 Bithead

Is there a native capability with the VM Series CLI to execute the mgmt-interface-swap command?  I would like to attach an Azure Load Balancer to the UNTRUST interface on eth0 so that I can force all internet facing application traffic through the VM Series firewall in my Azure vNET.

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

This capability is coming soon when Microsoft support multiple public IP's.

@gduncan wrote:

Is there a native capability with the VM Series CLI to execute the mgmt-interface-swap command?  I would like to attach an Azure Load Balancer to the UNTRUST interface on eth0 so that I can force all internet facing application traffic through the VM Series firewall in my Azure vNET.

Thank you for your response.  Outside associating a second public IP to UNTRUST on eth1 with that support from MS, what is the current use case for deploying VM Series in Azure for securing internet facing application traffic?  In my case, I would like MGMT to only be private and UNTRUST to be public.  It appears Palo Alto solved this already for AWS and using an ELB with the mgmt-interface-swap CLI command.

You are spot on with your thinking.  By the way, I am not certain who you are.  I know you are gduncan but I am having trouble connecting the dots.  Let me check on the Azure managment interface swap for you.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, appreciate your input.  I don't think we've met.  I'm Geoff Duncan, Sr. Solutions Architect with Digital Fortress in Seattle.  We focus on hybrid technology solutions and services for our clients as well as operate redundant datacenters in the Seattle metro area.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!