East west traffic in transit gateway with vpn attachment with firewall...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

East west traffic in transit gateway with vpn attachment with firewall...

L2 Linker

Hi Team,

i am deploying two vm firewall in different AZ of same VPC

I will configure VPN attachment with firewall for east west and outbound  traffic to be scanned by firewall.

My concern is for the return traffic of east west from the vm firewall.

The outbound traffic will pass with vpn attachment but how the return traffic will flow?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

You have two options.  You can either use BGP to prepend the routes from one of the firewalls to create essentially an Active/Passive routing hierarchy or use SNAT.  The former is generally preferred.  We have this documented in our AWS Reference Architecture here.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/resources/reference-architectures/aws

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!