How can i Create more than 4 security zones on VM-100 on Azure??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How can i Create more than 4 security zones on VM-100 on Azure??

L0 Member

We have deplyed a VM-100 FW on Azure on A D3_v2 VM. The VM support maxium of 4 vNICs to be attached to the firewall and i used them as (mgmt, trust, untrust, dmz).

now i need to create more 2 DMZz with a diffewrent Subnets and Security zone, which is not supported ?

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this Case ??? i must have two other isolated DMZs

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

We usually design away from a zone-based architecture and leverage the Azure Load Balancer with a 1 arm design to achieve fault tolerance and scale.  It does move you to a subnet based policy design which is just as secure given Azure inherent capabilities to prevent spoofing.  Please refer to our reference architecture for more details.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/resources/reference-architectures/azure

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!