how to assign same floating ip to multiple network interfaces on Azure?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

how to assign same floating ip to multiple network interfaces on Azure?

L0 Member

Hi,

I spun 2 PA VM-Series on Azure cloud. Both firewalls are up and running with HA but when I try to assign floating ip on public and private interfaces of firewall VMs as a secondary ip, I can do it on primary VM only. When I try to assign the same floating ip on secondary VM it gives me an error that ip already exists on primary VM. How do I achieve HA in this situation?

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

The secondary/floating IP is configured on the active firewall only.  The IP moves to the passive firewall during a fail-over event.  The VM-Series admin guide has the details.

Firewall switches over correctly when the primary goes down but on Azure backend side we can't have the same floating ip on secondary firewall VM, so traffic can't find next hop.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!