PA-VM series limitation without trial license.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-VM series limitation without trial license.

L0 Member

Hi,

I'm new to Palo Alto Networks. I'm using VM for study purpose. Can I have the information of limitations using the VM without trial license installed? The deployments are still in light environment. We will see the plan for next subject if the licenses are required. Somewhat on several features case, the PA-VM doesn't provide them and can makes us a confusion on study case. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

You can not use PA-VM for free of cost and you have activated your VM and purchase subscription license.PAN doesn't do free lab licenses. You can purchase a LAB SKU or you can get a trial license(local SE/AM) for you if you already have an account team.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/vm-series/9-0/vm-series-deployment/license-the-vm-series-firewall/...

Regards,

Suresh

Sureshreddymudhireddy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

You can not use PA-VM for free of cost and you have activated your VM and purchase subscription license.PAN doesn't do free lab licenses. You can purchase a LAB SKU or you can get a trial license(local SE/AM) for you if you already have an account team.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/vm-series/9-0/vm-series-deployment/license-the-vm-series-firewall/...

Regards,

Suresh

Sureshreddymudhireddy

Thanks for the answer to put me to use the trial license. I had my account team and have them. But as for me, we would like to going to develop a simple deployment without trial license is still possible. Just several features like log traffic and ACC is not completely open.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!