PANOS upgrade VM-100 over KVM Virtual environment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS upgrade VM-100 over KVM Virtual environment

L1 Bithead

This is the our internet firewall hosted by our ISP in the cloud. I am currently in PANOS Version 8.1.3 on PA-VM-100. The VM mode is KVM.  And now they have the new PANOS version 9.0.0, when I tried to download, it reaches half way and fails with:

• Failed to download due to generic communication error. Please try again later.

Does anybody has solution to this?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

The generic comm error is hard to determine. However I would revcommend not upgrading to 9.0 unless there is a feature you absolutly need. There are still things they are working out with it and can cause you more harm than good, potentially.

Take a read at this https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/PAN-OS-9-0-Released-Stop-and-Think/m-p/249866#M7...

Regards,

Hi Klier,

Thanks for your input. Exactly what was in my mind and now its clear. However I think i should at least get ready for it by upgrading to the latest maintainance release of 8.1.6. Any major issues people been reporting about this?

Regards

Hello,

I dont know since I dont run that code. However I do recommend you read hte release notes and maybe post in the general forum is anyone is having issues with that code. I do it quite often just to see what others are running into, if anything.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/8-1/pan-os-release-notes

Regards,

Thank you

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!