Source / Destination NAT question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Source / Destination NAT question

L1 Bithead

Have a case where i want to re-write the source-IP and destination-port on traffic heading to the internet.

So coming in from the private network as 10.1.1.1 -> 2.2.2.2:4000 and changing as it leaves to the internet to 3.3.3.3 -> 2.2.2.2:443.  The part i'm struggling with is preserving the original destination IP.

For the NAT policy rule, on the translated packet under Destination Address Translation, I cannot find an option to use the original destination address.  It requires that I specify a translated Address. 

Is it possible to just preserve the original or am i missing something.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Not sure why you would want this? But it could present asymetrical routing and cause the application/traffic to not work correctly.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CllzCAC

Regards,

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!