Error code in GP: Error( 126): Driver is not installed, reinstall it now!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error code in GP: Error( 126): Driver is not installed, reinstall it now!

Not applicable

Does anyone know why a Global Protect user would receive this error message?  I have three users showing this error and I cannot seem to find out why.  I had them uninstall and reinstall the GP app, making sure they had sufficient admin rights, and they are still getting the same error.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Seth

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes Sir,

You are correct, it seems like a Operating System ( OS) environmental problem but, not in the GP client, most probably the same type of interfaces that get allocated many times inside the REGISTRY KEY; in this types of situation the interface will be the culprit, and you can try to uninstall that interface to see if the problem goes away; however, if this is not the case, the user may run some registry cleanup tool which removes the interfaces from registry but the tool cannot change the NDIS bitmap key since this key is only a snapshot of NDIS cache; if this is the case, the user may need to re-install his computer to get around this NDIS bitmap corruption.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

Could you please let me know the GP version..?

It seems having problem on the REGESTRY KEY.

Thanks

Thank you for responding to my post.  The clients are using GP version 1.2.7-5.  I have over 500 users in the environment and they are all using that version as well though.  These users computers are Windows 7 -64 Service Pack1.

Below is the exact debug from one of the clients.

PanGP service Log:

2 Debug( 579): no flushdns key set

(T16272) 01/14/14 19:19:59:382 Error( 126): Driver is not installed, reinstall it now!

(T12768) 01/14/14 19:37:38:836 Debug( 276): Received session change, event type 7, session 1

(T12768) 01/15/14 08:16:26:030 Debug( 276): Received session change, event type 8, session 1

(T12768) 01/16/14 05:54:02:708 Debug( 276): Received session change, event type 7, session 1

(T12768) 01/16/14 07:15:21:907 Debug( 276): Received session change, event type 8, session 1

PanGP Proxy log:

(T2108) 01/16/14 16:51:21:668 Info ( 343): InitConnection ...

(T2108) 01/16/14 16:51:21:673 Info ( 351): Connecting to Pan MS Service end

(T2108) 01/16/14 16:51:21:673 Debug(1016): Unable to connect to Pan Service

----------------------------

Error:

2 Debug( 579): no flushdns key set

(T16272) 01/14/14 19:19:59:382 Error( 126): Driver is not installed, reinstall it now!

(T12768) 01/14/14 19:37:38:836 Debug( 276): Received session change, event type 7, session 1

------------------------------

Hello Sir,

I think the driver installation failure could be due to Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. Hence, it's seems like, not related to GP, more like a local machine problem.

The NET_LUID is the unique number that NDIS allocated for each network interface; it consists of the interface type paired with a unique number which is maintained in the following registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS\IfTypes For example, you can find out Ethernet interfaces in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS\IfTypes\6, within

this key, you can find out registry key IFType with value 6 for Ethernet and registry key IfUsedNetLuidIndices which is a bitmap keeping track of the IDs that have already  been assigned; for example, if you see a value 0xFF 0x01, it means that you have 9 Ethernet interfaces since it has nine bits set; however if you see a bitmap of a list of number of 0xFF’s, it means that all the unique IDs have been allocated by NDIS and NDIS cannot allocate a new LUID for NetConnect virtual interface.

So, please share the output/screenshots of IfUsedNetLuidIndices from that machine.

Thanks

I only manage the PA so I would have to have the local client support team to do this... I honestly have no idea how to run that command.  I will send your response to that team to get this information.

Hello SIr,

Please find below procedure to open Windows registry.

1. Click on the Start button and then click Run....
  2. In the search box, or Run window, type the following:regedit

Thanks

Thank you!  The issue is the users are in China and the time difference causes a problem, so I have forwarded this to them to do.. Still waiting on a reply.

Please take your time and collect information from the end user, accordingly i will provide you the next step to proceed.

Thanks

One of my team members got a response from them and just forwarded it to me: "We had an idea and guided one guy to install/config VM and it worked inside the VM.  Should be environment issue on his laptop, the VM is a clean Windows 7 and no issue arised this time.  Instructed other users to do the same but issue seems to be resolved."

Thank you for your assistance and quick responses!

Yes Sir,

You are correct, it seems like a Operating System ( OS) environmental problem but, not in the GP client, most probably the same type of interfaces that get allocated many times inside the REGISTRY KEY; in this types of situation the interface will be the culprit, and you can try to uninstall that interface to see if the problem goes away; however, if this is not the case, the user may run some registry cleanup tool which removes the interfaces from registry but the tool cannot change the NDIS bitmap key since this key is only a snapshot of NDIS cache; if this is the case, the user may need to re-install his computer to get around this NDIS bitmap corruption.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!