Controlling Google's Hangout app

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Controlling Google's Hangout app

L3 Networker

Has anyone here dealt with Googles hangout app for mobile devices going through the firewall. The customer wants to allow hangout chat but not file-transfer or video calling. The apps sees it as google-talk and under it is gtalk-voice, google-talk-base and gtalk-file-transfer. If we set up the policy for app filtering would the gtalk-file-transfer be masked by ssl or would it still be seen?

I am thinking it would be masked so an ssl decrypt policy would need to be employed. However when I enable the ssl decrypt, the device then can not sign into google hangouts.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Darrell

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Darrell,

I realize this question was posed some time ago, but our google-hangouts app ID was recently update to reflect Google product changes. Are you still having issues?

Since the original caller was an SE, I went back to the case and messaged him about the added information you have provided.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!