Default Username/Password - AWS Palo Alto VM spin up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Default Username/Password - AWS Palo Alto VM spin up

L0 Member

I am spinning up a Palo Alto VM 300 on AWS via terraform bootstrapping the vFW via using user data only. This is VM300 on 10.2.3 code. The vFW comes up ok and i dont see any errors in bootstrap as per AWS logs. 

I am not able to login to vFW for the first time via console using admin/admin. its not giving me any option to change the password as well. Is there any other combination i should try, or can some one help with any suggestion so that i can login. 

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AnkitChhabra ,

As explained in the AWS deployment guide, once deployed VM does have password configured at all. Which means initial connection to FW needs to be using SSH keys

aleksandarastardzhiev_0-1689022450924.png

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/vm-series/10-2/vm-series-deployment/set-up-the-vm-series-firewall-...

I haven't use boostrapping for PAN FW in AWS and I cannot confirm, but have you tried to set admin password in the initial config?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!