Panorama Template Overridden objects

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Template Overridden objects

L4 Transporter

Do you know where in CLI or configuration files we can find Panorama Template objects which were locally overridden on a firewall? I am trying to script for locally overridden configuration settings checks of  multiple Panorama-managed firewalls, but noting in the configuration files indicates that the object was overridden.

Do you have more inside understanding of how the override process works and how is it processed by the firewall?  

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Can anyone suggest a solution? 

L0 Member

Did you ever find a solution to this?

L0 Member

I would like to know this as well.  I keep running into issues where a pano config isn't applied consistently because someone has intentionally or unintentionally overridden it locally on the device.

L2 Linker

same here. Is this information available?

Hello Everyone,

during one of the pre-Covid Ignite, I have asked the same question PAN engineer during one of the session. The answer was there is no way to detect from Panorama side locally overriden configuration. The only advice he could give me, was to enable email alert for configuration changes on local Firewall.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

The command show config pushed-template vs show config running or show config merged for comparisons. That’s what I would suggest. 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!