RegEx ... a comprehensive list?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

RegEx ... a comprehensive list?

L1 Bithead

I've looked through the documentation and cannot seem to find a "begins with" regex variable.  The common symbol ^ seems to be reserved in PA for match any except.  Is there a solution or is this not available?

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Depends on what you are trying to set in the regex, but starting with a .* could help you Smiley Happy

I've looked through the Admin Guide (5.0 and 6.0) and have found no clarification as to what FLAVOR of regex are supported.  I.e. are they the full POSIX standard regex?  or are they some subset thereof?  Do we have to escape all special characters?  So many questions, so few answers.  :smileycry:

Its Perl based regex.  But you need to first have seven static bytes, ie characters, before you can set your regex match pattern.  This is to prevent overloading the firewall by giving it the seven characters to match first before doing the regex.

Creating Custom Threat Signatures should be able to help you!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!