XML/Rest API - Application filter and how to check if an application needs dependency apps

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XML/Rest API - Application filter and how to check if an application needs dependency apps

L0 Member

I would like to get the following information with the XML API and the Rest API:

1. read all application filters with their matching apps

2. get the the dependency apps from the matching apps (matching the application filters)

At first how can I get the application filters with their matching apps with the XML API and the Rest API?

Second, based on the KB article https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClirCAC I can get the application dependencies with the "show predefined application <name-of-app>" command. The output provides me the values of "use-applications" and "implicit-use-applications" and shows the dependencies. How can I get these two dependencies from the apps with he XML API and the Rest API?

Many thansk for your advice and help.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Generally speaking, there are 3 different ways to see what PAN-OS is doing, here's the options:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-0/pan-os-panorama-api/get-started-with-the-pan-os-xml-api...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!