Agent Blocking Command Prompt/Powershell

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Agent Blocking Command Prompt/Powershell

L1 Bithead

The agent has been blocking acess to the CMD , The licensing has been expired due to which the dashboard cannot be logined. I tired to uninstall agent using Cleaner but even the Agent Cleaner has been blocked. What sort of procedures i should follow to uninstall the Agent. 

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hey! As far as I know, you could try windows safe mode? 

Best regards 

Rob

L5 Sessionator

Hi @KiranBashyal Do you have access to Powershell? Try uninstalling with Powershell (with administrator privileges) instead of Command Prompt.

Ref: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/7-5/cortex-xdr-agent-admin/cortex-xdr-agent-for-...

Thank you for the response. No the CLI (CMD and Powershell) is also been blocked . This is the new case i have discovered.

L4 Transporter

Hi all, 

if you cant disable anti-tampering with the link my colleague @bbarmanroy provided

(https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/7-4/cortex-xdr-agent-admin/cortex-xdr-agent-for-...

I guess that you neither can't open a live terminal from the console

You might need to reboot windows in secure mode and use the cleaner (this should work). If you cant manage to do it by yourself, I recommend to open a support case and our TAC engineers will help you on this uninstall.

KR,
Luis 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!