agent intall exceed license number of agents

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

agent intall exceed license number of agents

L3 Networker

I read the relevant documents, but I don't quite understand them. I hope someone can confirm them for me.

reference articale url :https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-pro-admin/cortex-xdr-overview/cortex-....

:After utilizing all available Pro licenses, Cortex XDR falls back to a Cortex XDR Prevent policy that protects the endpoint but does not include Pro-specific capabilities. When you exceed the permitted number of Pro agents, Cortex XDR displays a notification in the notification area. Cortex XDR permits a small grace over the permitted number but begins enforcing the number of agents after 14 days. If additional Pro agents are required, increase your Cortex XDR Pro per Endpoint license capacity.

If the customer purchases a pro license for 200 terminals,

After the no:201 terminal is installed, it can be linked to the console, but only the prevent function. At the same time, after 14 days, if there is no add new license, the no:201 terminal will lose the link and lose the prevent function. Is this correct?

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi Felixcao,

"Cortex XDR permits a small grace over the permitted number but begins enforcing the number of agents after 14 days. If additional Pro agents are required, increase your Cortex XDR Pro per Endpoint license capacity."

At the same time, after 14 days, if there is no add new license, the no:201 terminal will lose the link and lose the prevent function. Is this correct? Yes

So contact your account team as soon as possible to get additional licenses

hi jcandelarial:

Thank you very much for your reply.

about permits a small grace over the permitted number

How many endpoints can be added? What percentage of the order?

If the order number is exceeded, after 14 days, if there is no new license, is the newly installed endpoint or random disconnected

Hi Felixcao,

How many endpoints can be added? What percentage of the order?

I apologize but you have to consult your account team on this one.

If the order number is exceeded, after 14 days, if there is no new license, is the newly installed endpoint or random disconnected. what will happen on the newly installed agents status will have disconnected status. If one of the 200 connected agent shutdown the machine then the 201 agent will get connected since there is available license. Then the previously shutdown agent when it boots up now will get the disconnected status. 

I would highly advise to engage with your account team to get the proper licensing count to avoid the scenario above.

Hi Guys,

Does the endpoint exceed the license affected to Prevent license? or it just affected only Pro per Endpoint license?

License compliance is a requirement for all license types.  Prevent license customers also have a small grace period for overage, after which enforcement action can be expected.  Please contact your account team for additional information and to acquire an appropriate amount of endpoint licenses.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!