Cortex XDR compatibility with MacOS Sonoma (14.0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR compatibility with MacOS Sonoma (14.0)

L0 Member

Is there a new Cortex XDR being released soon for compatibility with MacOS Sonoma (14.0).  I have a team testing this OS and the current version 8.1.1.2594 isn't compatible.

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi @Andrew_Cooper ,

Thanks for writing to live community.

At the moment there is no supported version of XDR Agent that can be installed on new MacOS Sonoma (14.0).
Current latest XDR Agent may or may not get installed on MacOS Sonoma (14.0). Though it gets installed, it may not work as expected since MacOS Sonoma (14.0) is not supported at moment.
To know when the new compatible version of XDR Agent will release, you may check with your respective Sales/Account team.
They will be able to answer your queries appropriately.

I hope that answers your query.

Please mark this as answer if you found it helpful.

Thank you!

L0 Member

Since macOS Sonoma was released today, are there any news about that topic? I upgraded today in advance to our MacBook users and Cortex XDR is broken after that. MacBooks are often self managed, so it is difficult to prevent users from upgrading to the "latest and greatest" macOS. I am a little disappointed there is no update from Palo, the first Beta was available in June, so enough time to get a version up and running. 

L0 Member

I tried installing 8.1.1.2594 this morning and it showed as disabled and incompatible. Just 10 minutes ago the Configuration Wizard popped up and Cortex is now fully functional. Perhaps a minor update was pushed?

Edit: Here the compatibility matrix. Says that content version 1120-70878 & later are supported, so I'm assuming my device finally received the updated content version and Cortex started working.

https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Compatibility-Matrix/Mac

Below is the Content Version release notes. 1120-70878 isn't listed there yet so it may not have widely deployed yet.

https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Content-Update-Releases/Cortex-XDR-...

• 3 replies
  • 9 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!