Cortex XDR Custom Prevention Profiles

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR Custom Prevention Profiles

L2 Linker

Hi Palo Alto Team and Community!

I am recently working on Custom Prevention Rules on Restriction Profiles on Cortex XDR. 

I understand that I need to create user defined BIOC then attach it to a Restriction Profile for it to be a custom prevention rule where I can set it to Block as intended. 

The problem here is, there are some BIOC that I cannot attach to a Restriction Profile such as BIOC with a hash an external IP address. 

Are there limitations to user defined BIOC for it to be attached to a Restriction Profile?

I managed to create a user defined BIOC that I have successfully attached to a Restriction Profile (e.g. A file create and write user defined BIOC).

Would be interesting to know the limitations.

Let's have a seat and talk for a while.
2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hey @MarvinC there are two use cases you seem to be aiming at. Let me address them individually:
1. blocking hashes - one option is to add them to the global Block list. In this case, hope this helps:

bbarmanroy_0-1655952822907.png

2. Blocking IP addresses: You can use Host Firewalls (recommended and easily managed). Alternately, use BIOC's .

bbarmanroy_1-1655953008554.png

Hi bbarmanroy,

Appreciate your help.

In cases that hose firewall is not in use, we have tried BIOC yet it is not
applying to restriction profile when we are including IP addresses as a
criteria.
Let's have a seat and talk for a while.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!