cortex xdr not able to connect to server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

cortex xdr not able to connect to server

L2 Linker

hello, 

i'm facing an issue with cortex xdr agent, it's not able not connect to server , protection mode is always disable.

but internet connexion is allowed to this server.

any help please.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

BR.

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

If you have network connection Ok. And traffic is not dropped by FW, and bare in mind that if you are using proxies you should have them properly configured at the agent, try to:
cytool reconnect force 

Having the protection mode enabled should not be a problem for connecting to the tenant

KR,

Luis

L3 Networker

Hi @NCherbib 

Could you check trapsd.log to know more about problem? 

You can find trapsd.log from agent console or ;

windows = c:\programdata\cyvera\logs

Mac OS X 10.10 and OSX 10.11= /var/log/traps/
macOS 10.12 and later releases= View logs from the Console application in /Library/Logs/PaloAltoNetworks/Cortex XDR/.

L2 Linker

that's what i got:

2022/03/15T01:40:10.207+01:00 <Info> ********** [5300:1368 AgentOperationalStatusReporterThread:5] {trapsd:Telemetry:AgentOperationalStatusReporter:} Waiting for 300 seconds
2022/03/15T01:40:46.098+01:00 <Info> *********** [5300:7880 ReportScheduler:2] {trapsd:Forensic:Reporting:} Wait is over because of time-out
2022/03/15T01:40:46.098+01:00 <Info> ********** [5300:7880 ReportScheduler:2] {trapsd:Forensic:Reporting:} All report types triggered due to: timeout
2022/03/15T01:40:46.102+01:00 <Info> ********** [5300:7880 ReportScheduler:2] {trapsd:Communication:Reporting:} No authentication ID - checking if registration is required
2022/03/15T01:40:46.102+01:00 <Notice> *********[5300:7880 ReportScheduler:2] {trapsd:Communication:Reporting:} The agent is not registered. Registering with the cloud.

i notice that the server fqdn isn't mentionned in the agent is that normal ? 

BR.

L3 Networker

Hi NCherbib,

To enable access to Cortex XDR components, you must allow access to various Palo Alto Networks resources. Can you confirm if access is allowed from the server in question to the specific resources relevant to your deployment? You can reference the document linked below to find what specific resources are required for your region.

Resources Required to Enable Access to Cortex XDR

Regards,

Ben

L2 Linker

Hello Bbuco, 

but it's working for other ressurces, i'm faing the issue with few  hosts and they are using the same network.

BR.

L3 Networker

Hi @NCherbib 

installation package is including necessary URL's for agent communication. You agent could not registered somehow to XDR management console and could get license, Thats why its normal to see protection status is not green. 

I believe, You should have logs about API accesses. kind of reject, timeout etc. 

My recommendations is checking again network layer (fw, proxy etc) and dns resolutions. on the network layer, there should not be any SSL interception for palo alto network urls. 

if there is no problem on the network layer, could share full trapsd.log? 

L5 Sessionator

@NCherbib it seems like the endpoint never managed to connect to Cortex XDR. What happens when you run 'cytool reconnect force'?
You might want to open a Support ticket in parallel with the Agent Support logs for an investigation.

L0 Member

@NCherbib you can try to uninstall the current version, and install with downgrade version. example you can install using version 7.5.0

It's work for me. If you want upgrade to latest version you can upgrade from the console.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!