.csv format change

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

.csv format change

L3 Networker

Hi,

I've just noticed this recently. A while ago when I added .csv file to a report, it was formatted with coma between columns. Now it is using a tab what cusses export to Excel more difficult. Is any setting which can be use to change it back? 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

We had this issue, too, and opened a ticket with support. They are going to revert the change and fix it tomorrow. Info from our case is below:

• What did they change in the reporting module, and why?
    •  Our team will revert back to csv format on Sunday, as this was inadvertently changed.
  • Why weren't these changes listed in the release notes?
    •  Our team have taken internal investigation and improved qa process on this module.
  • What do we lose with the rollback?
    • Nothing will be lost.
  • Are we rolling back to 3.9?
    • We are not rolling back to 3.9, just the tsv format that was inadvertently introduced will change back to csv.
  • What can we do to ensure you do not break our reporting processes in the future?
    • Our qa process makes sure that the data of the export file of the widget and attachment is the same, which it was but only tsv format. So this was missed and we will improve it.
PB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L1 Bithead

We had this issue, too, and opened a ticket with support. They are going to revert the change and fix it tomorrow. Info from our case is below:

• What did they change in the reporting module, and why?
    •  Our team will revert back to csv format on Sunday, as this was inadvertently changed.
  • Why weren't these changes listed in the release notes?
    •  Our team have taken internal investigation and improved qa process on this module.
  • What do we lose with the rollback?
    • Nothing will be lost.
  • Are we rolling back to 3.9?
    • We are not rolling back to 3.9, just the tsv format that was inadvertently introduced will change back to csv.
  • What can we do to ensure you do not break our reporting processes in the future?
    • Our qa process makes sure that the data of the export file of the widget and attachment is the same, which it was but only tsv format. So this was missed and we will improve it.
PB

L3 Networker

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply! This helps a lot as I also logged a call with support, but they replied that they don't understand what I mean. Thanks to you I don't need to waste time explaining this!

Hi,

Did you get it resolved? I've just received a report and the format is still wrong..

Yes, they fixed it for us over the weekend. I recommend you open a support ticket and show them the difference between the CSV format before and after the upgrade. 

PB

Thanks, I thought they were planning to apply the fix globally, not only for you. I will log a call with them in this case. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!