Exceptions "Child process"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Exceptions "Child process"

L0 Member

Hello!!

How are you?  i need confirm an action when add exception for child process, i have several alerts for "WmiPrvSe.exe Rare Child Process" that are false positive, and im considering add to whitelist in the profile associated.

Julitro_0-1598461562310.png

For create it i need add parent process, child process and child process command, I need confirm if this works as a string? In other words, the child process will be excepted only if it is created from parent that i specified, right?

I have other question, is there a way to create these exceptions "child process" for just one host, without the need to create a policy for just this host?

Thanks very much!

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hello,

1. Yes, this will work as you expect it, it will whitelist the child process based on the parent process + child process parameters that you provide. If such behavior is detected by Cortex XDR Agent it will allow to run through.

2. As far as I know, there is no way to create exceptions only for a single host other than creating a policy for that specific use case. I would say that this is nothing bad to create such policy, because in your case, this is a very specific exception you want to do. Just remember to re-order it in Policy Management, so that it gets checked first.

Best,

D

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!