File scanning.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File scanning.

L2 Linker

Hey All, question for you.

What process does an XDR agent follow when a user opens a simple .pdf or .docx file? I am trying to find something basic to explain this to one of our Executive Managers who is concerned that the agent is causing common apps like Adobe Reader and Word to open slowly. 

Appreciate any info you can offer.

Thank you,

Joe

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hello Joe,

Good Day!

Kindly confirm, if you are looking for the information provided in the below article?

https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Pro-Administrator-Guide/File-Analys...

Ashutosh Patil

L3 Networker

XDR will inject DLL to monitor for exploitations on the files being opened. It does not posing any significant  impact to the process performance.

Life is full of surprise,
Just embrace it!

Thank you, @aspatil . I appreciate your reply. I had already read through that but was looking for something more simple. That information does not say either way if there is a scan each time a file is opened. Like they are avoiding using that word. "the Cortex XDR agent seamlessly injects code"... 

I would hate to copy/paste that and give it to some of our Executive Management as an explanation.

Thank you,

Joe

Hi @SeanDeHarris, thank you. Yes, I read that already.

Regards,

Joe

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!