Forward the Miter ID field by Syslog in CEF format, is it possible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Forward the Miter ID field by Syslog in CEF format, is it possible?

L1 Bithead

Hello new friends.

I have a receiver receiving events via Syslog in CEF format, but I can't include the Miter ID field.

Any suggestion ?

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

Hi Rodrigoduarte,

Are you saying that you cant create this filter? then select the syslog server you set-up?

jcandelaria_0-1624764857262.png

Could you give me a basic procedure to apply this filter via Syslog? I'm not the tool administrator, I work with SIEM.
The Cortex administrator said that it was not possible to forward the Miter ID field and I am 80% sure it is possible.

L3 Networker

Hi Rodrigoduarte,

Its not possible to configure XDR syslog forwarding fields. Scope of Alerts, syslog server and log type (Alerts, Agent Audit logs, Management Audit logs) are just configurable. 
Below URL is about to XDR log formats that the Cortex Data Lake app can forward logs to external syslog server or email.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-prevent-admin/logs/cortex-xdr-log-not...

In short, via Syslog then it will not be possible to obtain Miter ID information?

L3 Networker

thats correct. There is no field which is related with MITRE in syslog payload but still you can get that information via Email alert or via API. 

related fields in email = mitre_tactic_ids, mitre_technique_ids, mitre_tactic_id_and_name
for the API =mitre_tactics_ids_and_names, mitre_techniques_ids_and_names

for the api details, you can check below. 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-api/cortex-xdr-apis/incident-manageme...

Hi Rodrigoduarte

Yes, if you are looking for the mitre id inside the syslog alert itself, its not included as specified by link posted by Etugriceri

Feature request can be requested on this.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!