Help! Upgraded to 7.8.1.11343 now all clients can’t run certain applications

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Help! Upgraded to 7.8.1.11343 now all clients can’t run certain applications

L1 Bithead

We upgraded our clients from version 7.7.X to 7.8 and things like Visual Studio and Gitkraken and homegrown apps fail to run. No logs and really no errors other than just crashes or freezes. I pause XDR Agent and it runs fine. Anyone else experience this issue? I am at a loss

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Justin_Payne ,

We are using 7.8.1 for quite some time now (majority of the endpoints are running the same exact version as yours) and we haven't faced any issues.

Try to isolate the cause:

- Create new Malware profile with all actions set to disable. Apply this profile to test policy.

- Perform check-in from XDR agent, or perform heartbeat from XDR console. (wait 1-2mins just to be sure new settings are applied)

- Try to reproduce the problem. What is the result?

- Put back your original Malware profile

- Create new Exploit profile with all settings disabled, put it in the test policy and check-in

- Try to reproduce the problem? Any change?

L1 Bithead

Yes, We are also encountering issue like yours but different .exe files and application like Adobe and Microsoft Office.

Not all our endpoints affected like mine which is in 7.8.1 agent version but still need to be fix it by our PAN engineers.  

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!