Identifying Endpoints with WSL Installed from Host Insights

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Identifying Endpoints with WSL Installed from Host Insights

L3 Networker

Hello all,

is there a way to find all endpoints that have WSL installed on them? Does Host Insights provide this or would I have to run endpoint scripts in order to retrieve this information? If so can someone please provide an examples?

Many thanks

Cortex XDR 

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi @michaelsysec242,

I'm doing some research on this.  I'll get back to you as soon as I have something.

@anlynch ,

any updates regarding this ?

Hey @michaelsysec242,

I installed WSL on my endpoints in a lab and the application did not show up in Host Insights.  You may have to look for another way to determine if an endpoint has WSL installed.   

You mentioned scripting in your initial post.  Currently i'm unaware of a script to do so, but if you create one in python it can be used in the Action Center.

I hope this helps.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!