Installed Linux Servers not reflecting in Endpoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Installed Linux Servers not reflecting in Endpoint

L3 Networker

Hello , 

There are a few Linux servers in which cortex XDR was deployed but it is not getting reflected in our endpoint. 

Performed  check-in using the below command for the servers:

root@ubuntu:~$ /opt/traps/bin/cytool checkin

and configured the proxy (Broker VM)  on the server using the below command

/opt/traps/bin/cytool proxy set IP:PORT

Still unable to see it in our endpoint. 

Please guide how to get those servers in the endpoint. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@Shashanksinha ,

Please find my answer above. I am echoing the same comment down below:

Thank you for writing to live community!

For linux endpoints you cannot run the cytool proxy set to set the proxy. The linux endpoints need to have a config file which comes with the installation package and you have to define the proxy in the config file and move it to the etc/panw folder. Then install Cortex XDR agents after that. Also, config files cannot be configured post installation and hence you will have to uninstall the agents and redo the process. 

Please go through the Cortex XDR Administration Guide for Linux installation for detailed walkthrough

Hope this answers your question!

Please mark the answer as "Accept as Solution" if it does!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

**Editing the previous comment***

Hi @Shashanksinha , 

For linux endpoints you cannot run the cytool proxy set to set the proxy. The linux endpoints need to have a config file which comes with the installation package and you have to define the proxy in the config file and move it to the etc/panw folder. Then install Cortex XDR agents after that. Also, config files cannot be configured post installation and hence you will have to uninstall the agents and redo the process.  As a result of the incorrect installation procedure, the agents are not able to connect to the proxy and hence not to the Cortex XDR cloud to be listed in the endpoints list.

Please go through the Cortex XDR Administration Guide for Linux installation for detailed walkthrough

Regards

Hi @neelrohit 

Thanks for the response . 

I had one more query .

I have observed even though the proxy is not set the servers/hosts is shown in the  ALL ENDPOINTS .

Regards

Hi @Shashanksinha ,

This is the expected behaviour. Endpoints will connect to the cloud if they have connectivity even without the proxy. The proxy is used only is cases where you have a limitation to open the networks so that XDR agent can connect to the cloud and hence we allow the proxy to act as intermediate source for the agent communication.

Hi @neelrohit 

if possible could you please let us know why the installed Linux  server  is not being shown in "ALL ENDPOINTS"

@Shashanksinha ,

Please find my answer above. I am echoing the same comment down below:

For linux endpoints you cannot run the cytool proxy set to set the proxy. The linux endpoints need to have a config file which comes with the installation package and you have to define the proxy in the config file and move it to the etc/panw folder. Then install Cortex XDR agents after that. Also, config files cannot be configured post installation and hence you will have to uninstall the agents and redo the process. 

Please go through the Cortex XDR Administration Guide for Linux installation for detailed walkthrough

L5 Sessionator

@Shashanksinha ,

Please mark the response as "Accept as Solution" if this was able to help you with your query.

Regards

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!