upgrading endpoints from the Cortex Console, 50% success rate. spot checks show "Upgrade by SAM failed"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

upgrading endpoints from the Cortex Console, 50% success rate. spot checks show "Upgrade by SAM failed"

L1 Bithead

Hi Everyone,

we have been trying to upgrade some endpoints from 7.2.2 to 7.5.1 but the success rate on the first push was 50%.  on the second push again 50% on the left overs from the first push.   the logs are showing ""Upgrade by SAM failed"

2022/03/10T09:22:33.132-05:00 <Notice> "endpoint name" [6104:6268 ] {trapsd:AgentAction:Startup:} Upgrade by SAM failed, current_version='7.2.2.8697', target_version='7.5.1.38697'

what else should I be looking for to isolate why they are failing?

Regards

Stephane Boudreau

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Stephane.B I assume the hosts were in a Connected State at the time of upgrade. After a few failed attempts (depending on the agent connection status), the uninstallation fails.

If the hosts were in a Connected state, this seems to be an issue that requires analysis of the agent logs. Can you please create a support case with the TSF that you obtained?

L1 Bithead

Yes a ticket was opened, requesting the log level to be put to 7 and retry the upgrade to get better logs.  it's still work in progress with the customer.

L4 Transporter

Hi Stephane, 

how you are describing your issue. Could it be that you have network bandwidth issues ?? 
If the first time 50% were able to upgrade, and the ones that failed, then you tried again and 50% succeded. I assume you did not do anything else for troubleshooting, just trying again wondering why many of the ones that failed the 1st time were successful ... maybe bandwidth ?¿ 

At the same time you are handling the issue with TAC. I would also recommend to check the network issues you might have when a bulk upgrade is taking place. 

KR,

Luis

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!