Where to get to the agent profile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Where to get to the agent profile

L0 Member

Hello Everyone.

I just want to know where to get to the agent profile. Is that a portal? or an app? Possibly I need to contact someone?

Sorry I am new on this cortex XDR app but I do really appreciate your responses.

Just to provide more context. We have already installed Cortex XDR (XDR_Win_740_x64.exe) on some machines to test and now we want to uninstall it but cytool is asking for Supervisor password. We are completely lost a this point.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

@COGTeam wrote:

Hello Everyone.

I just want to know where to get to the agent profile. Is that a portal? or an app? Possibly I need to contact someone?

Sorry I am new on this cortex XDR app but I do really appreciate your responses.

Just to provide more context. We have already installed Cortex XDR (XDR_Win_740_x64.exe) on some machines to test and now we want to uninstall it but cytool is asking for Supervisor password. We are completely lost a this point.

Hi @COGTeam ,

Just wanted to check in, I noticed the answer got liked but not marked as a solution. I am attaching a gif detailing the steps from login  into the Cortex XDR tenant console to management of  the agent settings profile and how to apply it using prevention policy rules.  Please let us know if you are still having issues regarding policy management.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi @COGTeam ,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cortex XDR.

The XDR tenant already has default profiles assigned to a policy rule per platform. I would suggest reading the admin guide on how to configure your own profiles and assign them to endpoints. Please refer to this article about profiles and this other article on how to apply them.

I would also recommend reading about Endpoint Groups.   

L2 Linker

Hello @COGTeam 

You can find more information about the agent settings profile in the URL below (Step 7):

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-prevent-admin/endpoint-security/custo...

Additionally, agent settings profiles can be found under Endpoints > Policy Management > Prevention Profiles.

68F06B2A-0E95-4079-A17C-F5C5A3545A2E.jpeg

L2 Linker

@COGTeam wrote:

Hello Everyone.

Hi @COGTeam ,

Just wanted to check in, I noticed the answer got liked but not marked as a solution. I am attaching a gif detailing the steps from login  into the Cortex XDR tenant console to management of  the agent settings profile and how to apply it using prevention policy rules.  Please let us know if you are still having issues regarding policy management.

Thank you @yalonso! That really clarifies the process. Have a nice day!.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!